Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Parqu Machia

Alright, this is going to be lame cause i am super tired. expect a very detailed post in about a week.

I dont work with pumas, i work with monkeys in the clinic of the animal refuge called Parque Machia. the work is quite hard, we start very early and end quite late. what i can tell you is that today 2 monkeys jumped me and one stuck its paw in my mouth while cleaning my ear, and the other wrapped its arms and legs around my neck and head and wouldnt let go. that (or something similar) is not an unusual occurance. also, monkeys (and tejones--i dont know the word for them in english, but they have long noses) poop non-stop.

more in a week or so, but i am still alive and thriving, more or less.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

so just how many diseases do these monkeys carry? and of the myriad diseases, how many are transmitted by the monkey putting its hand in your mouth??

Liz said...

That would be my question exactly!!!